Website Design & Development
Does Your Business Need a Website?
All businesses should have a website! A website is your most effective marketing tool. It helps prospective customers find you and learn about what your business can do for them. If you don’t have a website, they may think twice about approaching you.
It is not always easy for small businesses and entrapreneurs to set up their own site. Lack of time, little experience, and confusion about where to start can make creating a website a very frustrating experience. Even if you use a simple site builder to create your website, it may not be exactly what you need.
There are many platforms for websites. WordPress is the most popular for smaller businesses, as it is easier to update and maintain. This is the platform that I usually work with.
Depending on your needs, you may need just a simple brochure site. But if you plan to sell your products online, you will need an e-commerce site. Your site can be based on a ready-made template, or it can be custom-made.
I can help you make the best decisions for your business.
There are costs you need to plan for in your yearly budget.
- Creating the design and developing your website is a one-time cost.
- Purchasing a domain name (the address for your website), is a yearly recurring fee.
- Hosting (where your website resides) is a recurring fee, which can be yearly or monthly fee depending on where you host your site.
- Although you can take care of the maintenance for your website, it is easier to have someone take care of the technical aspects for you. This cost is sometimes combined with the hosting fee.
- You will be able to make minor changes on your website on your own. You may even want to write a weekly blog. You will need to budget some time for this task.